This pretty salad board with greens, marinated peaches and fresh summer veggies is perfect for an evening outdoors–or serve it for a light, summery lunch. The creamy dressing can be made ahead to make assembly a breeze. Feel free to add additional vegetables to the board to make the most of all that summer has to offer.
Creamy Herb Dressing
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole-milk plain yogurt
- ½ Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 medium (blank)s peaches, pitted and sliced
- ½ small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels removed
- 4 large eggs hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled or sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ½ English cucumber, sliced
- 8 ounces string beans, trimmed and blanched (see Tip)
- 8 x (blank)s 8 radishes, halved
- 6 ounces goat cheese, sliced
- 1 large avocado, sliced
Oops! We cannot find any ingredients on sale near you. Do we have the correct zip code? UPDATEor use the browser toFind Me
- Step 1To prepare dressing: Whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, scallion, dill, garlic, mustard, honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Step 2To prepare marinated peaches: Combine peaches, shallot, vinegar, parsley and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside to marinate, stirring occasionally.
- Step 3To arrange salad board: Place greens, corn, chopped eggs and bacon in individual bowls. Arrange the bowls on a large tray or platter. Set an extra bowl on the board for the peaches. Pour the dressing into a small jar and add it to the board.
- Step 4Arrange tomatoes, cucumbers, string beans, radishes, goat cheese and avocado around the bowls. Place the peaches in the remaining bowl. Serve immediately.
Equipment: Large tray or platter
To make ahead: Prepare dressing (Step 1) and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Tip: To blanch string beans, add them to a pot of boiling water and cook until just tender-crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice water to cool.
Serving Size: 2 CupsPer Serving:413.1 calories; protein 21.6g 43% DV; carbohydrates 27.3g 9% DV; exchange other carbs 2; dietary fiber 8.4g 34% DV; sugars 12.7g; fat 26.1g 40% DV; saturated fat 10.8g 54% DV; cholesterol 179.4mg 60% DV; vitamin a iu 4744.8IU 95% DV; vitamin c 41.5mg 69% DV; folate 218.5mcg 55% DV; calcium 407.9mg 41% DV; iron 3.8mg 21% DV; magnesium 94.7mg 34% DV; potassium 1077.4mg 30% DV; sodium 620.6mg 25% DV; thiamin 0.3mg 32% DV.